Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Say What's Real

"I feel like I need to address this topic of me finding or losing myself as an artist. What people may not understand is that in this industry of hip hop you are either a musician or a product. A product is someone that is boxed in due to the fact that they were created to generate money using a formula that they cannot stray from. A musician is someone who is unafraid to explore and challenge themselves knowing that it has the possibility of being heard by the entire world in a matter of hours. I consider myself a musician and my thoughts and words are my only instruments..."

- Drake

I was introduced to Drake's music in late '07. His lyrical content & undying truth is what inspires me as an artist. The piece he wrote above couldn't have explained the topic any better.

So it's like...

No comments:

Post a Comment